Are you interested in Invisalign from your Roanoke dentist?
Your Roanoke, VA, dentist creates custom aligners using the specialized computer software. The clear aligners snuggle over your teeth and function just like traditional braces. They apply a gentle force on teeth to move them into their proper position.
Thee clear aligners are made using 3-D computer imaging technology. They're removable and comfortable aligners made to straight teeth. They're also transparent, which is great for adults and teenagers.
The clear plastic aligners are made of polyurethane plastic, which means they're flexible and great for straightening teeth discreetly.
- The whole procedure takes about 9 to 15 months.
- You switch out the custom aligner trays with another tray every 2 weeks.
- Wear them for about 20 to 22 hours a day.
- Make sure you remove the clear aligners when you eat and rinse them with lukewarm water.
- Some people like to take their clear aligners off for special events, but that's unnecessary since they're transparent.
Advantages of Invisalign:
There are several advantages to using Invisalign.
- They don't hinder you from having a healthy oral regimen because Invisalign is a removable appliance.
- You'll clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you had traditional metal braces.
- The plastic also makes them comfortable
- Invisalign clear aligners are thin and flexible, so they don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth, unlike metal brackets or wires.
- The transparent braces are discreet and used to protect teeth from bruxism, teeth-grinding.
With Invisalign, you can eat whatever you want. Traditional braces prevent eating foods, like taffy, or corn, but that's not an issue with Invisalign. You can remove the trays so nothing gets stuck in them.
You'll need to visit your dentist once every six weeks to ensure the procedure is going as planned. If you have any questions or concerns about Invisalign, you can call your Roanoke, VA, dentist at (540) 523-1326.